Pages

Monday 17 February 2014

D&D 40th Anniversary Blog Hop Challenge + Day 17

17. First time you heard that D&D was somehow "evil"?

An article in a White Dwarf magazine. Or, it may have been in the letters to the editor? I mean, there was always stuff in RPG magazines that wasn't particularly wholesome, for example Dave Morris and his article "Dealing With Demons in RuneQuest". That's bound to have any concerned parent banning their child from the game, right? Well, I wasn't raised by those parents.

I'm a born again Christian. For some that's scarier than playing D&D! However, I see playing games as an important part of my life. Perhaps more now than when I was younger. It is noted that Gary Gygax had a favorite Bible verse:

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works
and give glory to your Father who is in heaven." - Matthew 5:16

No comments:

Post a Comment