Pages

Wednesday 26 February 2014

D&D Day 26 + Do you still game with the group that introduced you to the hobby?

Ok, so I'm getting near the end of the...

D&D 40th Anniversary Blog Hop Challenge!

26. Do you still game with the group that introduced you to the hobby?

Hmmm, yes and no. I mean, as I mentioned in my first post. Mr Roberts, our primary school teacher, took the whole class on an afternoon D&D adventure. That was my first introduction to D&D. That started it for me. I started buying the game books, miniatures and dice and playing with friends. Then came Geoff Holland's Sunday sessions in the library. As we grew older, it turned into Saturday nights. My group of friends from way back then are now out in the big wide world. Actually, most of them live in Wellington. Some of have kept in touch, others I've lost contact with. I actually live close to some gamers I've known since I was a teenager. A good gaming friend (or notorious gaming fiend?) lives just down the road in fact. New Zealand is such a small country, I wouldn't be surprised if every gamer is connected by 2 degrees of separation.

So, in a way it's yes and no.

No comments:

Post a Comment