Pages

Sunday 3 January 2016

Star Wars X-Wing + The Force Awakens

Chocolate Empire. 
On boxing day I went to the movies to see Star Wars VII, The Force Awakens, in 3D! I really enjoyed it. Funny moments included:

1. Harrison Ford appears and a young boy behind me yells out in excitement, "Indiana Jones!"
2. The boy is so excited, he yells it out twice more.
3. Luke's so surprised to have a visitor, he is literally speechless.

Hopefully that review didn't give away too much. Seriously though, I loved being taken back to the 70s (when I first saw Star Wars). It was like being a kid again.

Thanks to Dave's growing collection of miniatures, our games of Star Wars X-Wing have continued to keep us guessing the best strategy for defeating the Empire. The Alliance often takes a hammering from those dreaded Tie-fighters. This game was a good one for the Rebel Scum. However, a few more turns may have left them as space dust.

You might notice that my ship looks rather like the giant mobile trading post Sandcrawler from the desert sands of Tatooine (where Luke Skywalker first encounters the droids R2-D2 and C-3PO). Indeed a close inspection of my cards shows my Outlaw Tech to be suspiciously like a Jawa! Scum only!














God bless you and enjoy your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment