Pages

Saturday 2 April 2016

Sculpting Fantasy Miniatures + Yeoman

I have been inspired by the work of Jason Fairclough and his Wasteman fantasy heartbreaker: Yeoman. Just does his own sculpting (along with writing and illustrating) for the game. He has a style that takes me back to the 80s. The classic look of Fighting Fantasy and Citadel miniatures.

So this weekend instead of picking up a paint brush I mixed up some Tamiya putty and went to work. I am happy with the result thus far. Next will come the hands and weapon. I also have some extra details to add to the armour and helm.







With Tamiya putty some things are easy and most things are hard. I have been using it for years but only to alter and convert existing miniatures or enhance their bases. This is my first time on a full miniature sculpt. It's just over an inch tall and has plenty of character already.

Painting Table Saturday just became Putty Table Saturday.

God bless you and enjoy your week.

4 comments:

  1. Cracking good stuff, and really interesting to see the step-by-step photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roy. I enjoy the creative process and it really did develop as I worked. The putty made some decisions for me!

      Delete
  2. Wow! That's your FIRST sculpt? Outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stephen. I am working on my second one now.

      Delete