Pages

Monday 7 July 2014

Adeptus Titanicus

The little blue men are Space Marines.
Monday night, game night and what a night it was! Lewis brought out the big guns, laying out a real blast from the past with a game of Adeptus Titanicus. Phil and I had different secret objectives although the main mission was "not blow up."

For those of you who have no idea what Adeptus Titanicus is:

Adeptus Titanicus was the first game introducing the Epic system. You control a number of Imperial Battle Titans, while your opponent controls some Chaos Titans. You reenact battles from the Horus Heresy. The Titans are modular in design and so you could adapt the armaments of the Titans to suite the battle you will be fighting. - Boardgamegeek.com

The game had plenty of 'yay-boo' moments. Phil certainly had better luck with the dice. I rolled far too many one's and two's for my liking. Despite this, I managed to take out two of Phil's Titans. I also took out one of my own - a tactical move that didn't pay off but was hilarious anyway. After a hard fought couple of hours, we came out even with a draw. Adeptus Titanicus was the real winner on the night. Thanks Lewis for an awesome game!

Lewis hosts an awesome game of Adeptus Titanicus.

Imperial Battle Titan.

Ace of Spades and Iron Fist. Lewis loves Motorhead!

Void shields up.

Chaos cometh.

Shoot first, maul later.

Chaos Titans on the move.

The day will not save them and we own the night.

Fire fight!

Here comes trouble.

Death to the false Emperor!

Full frontal assault from close range.

My Ace of Spades holds the line.

Phil's Titan misjudges the gap and gets stuck.

My Titan is merciless.

An old school shoot out.

In an effort to cause collateral damage to Phil's Titan, I destroy my own crippled Ace of Spades.

Phil can't quite make the shot.

Draw!

My best roll during the night.

Clear of the rubble, Phil's Titan makes a mad dash.

Collecting an operative from the building and a pummeling from Iron Fist.

Incapacitated, Phil's Titan suffers a humiliating defeat.

Let's play hide and slay!

1 comment:

  1. I play Adeptus titanicus and space marine 1st ed. I really hope to see more of this action as not enough love for this edition . great work :)

    ReplyDelete