Pages

Friday 4 July 2014

Basic Rules for Dungeons & Dragons 5E

Tiamat 5E.
The 'Basic Rules' for the fifth edition of Dungeons and Dragons are available for download as a free PDF. I'm not the first to post about this. It's all over the internet on various RPG blogs and after giving it a good read through, I'm posting the link here also.

There is a lot to like. As I've already commented, it's great to see credit given to the creators of the original game (E. Gary Gygax and Dave Arneson, with Brian Blume, Rob Kuntz, James Ward, and Don Kaye). There are also some kudos thrown at more recent contributors, some of whom most D&D bloggers will recognise, for their work as consultants. For example, Zak S and RPGPundit. Apparently, according to their respective blogs, this came as a shock to many. Now to be fair, I follow both of their blogs and in my opinion, each can come across as 'a bit of a dick' at times. However, there is no denying they care about the game and roleplaying in general. So, bravo Wizards of the Coast!

Rather than wax lyrical about what I like (and don't like) about the new rules, I encourage you to download the game and have a read yourself. Meanwhile, I'm going to start designing a cover for my copy. Remember, as always, the game is what you make it. 


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the heads up and link... curiosity may get the better of me... ;-)

    ReplyDelete